RRCC Commencement Information
Class of 2014! Congratulations on your Achievement! Your Photos Are Ready!
GradImages® was the official photographer at your graduation ceremony. Your photos are now available to view and order by visiting our website at www.gradimages.com.
Simply enter your Last Name, your School Name: Red Rocks Community College: School and select 2014 from the dropdown menu.
Once you see your name, click on the link to view your photos.
If you need additional help to locate your photos, call our customer service department at 800-261-2576 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(NOTE: RRCC has one Commencement ceremony per year at the end of Spring semester in May.)
We are now accepting Fall 2014 applications. The deadline is September 3, 2014.
THE NEXT SPRING GRADUATION CEREMONY WILL BE MAY 16, 2015
Nominate an Outstanding GRAD
Nominations for Outstanding Graduate are now being accepted from faculty, staff or current students, including self-nominations. To nominate a student, complete the online form here. Nomination Deadline: TBD
Cap & Gown
For information regarding graduation cap and gown, announcements, and other mementos please contact the RRCC Bookstore at 303.914.6232. Watch for Graduation Fair information.
Cap & Gown Cost:
$35.00 (approximate) - Contact the RRCC Bookstore for further details at 303.914.6232
CeremonyDate: May 16, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Outdoor pavilion/multi-purpose field located north of the east parking lot (map)
Seating Sign-Up (for Graduates Only)
All graduates participating in the Commencement ceremony must sign-up for seating. Reservations will begin TBD. Please contact Carla Plucknett BEFORE TBD for your reservation (phone: 303.914.6496, room 1200, behind Admissions, Monday-Thursday 9:30am to 6pm and Friday 9am-5pm). Necessary information: First and Last Name, Student Number, and a contact Phone Number (in case of weather).
Guest seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on the date of the 2015 ceremony.
Persons requesting accommodations for disabilities should contact Jean Kelly at 303.914.6731 by TBD. Please keep in mind seating in this area is limited to the handicapped person and two guests. Designated handicapped seating for guests will be available on the left (east) side of the seating area.
Rehearsal for grads marching in the ceremony will be from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Friday, May 15, 2015. Meet at the outdoor pavilion. In case of rain, meet in the Main Foyer at 2:00 p.m.
- All lots will be open.
- Handicapped parking spots will be designated in the East lot and the short-term parking.
- The entrance to the East lot will be closed when it is full.
- Assemble in two columns on the service drive, just north of the building.
- Be in line, dressed in cap and gown, between 9:30 and 9:45 a.m.
- Please do not arrive before 9:00 a.m. as we will still be preparing for the ceremony.
- Required Commencement attire is cap and gown, no exceptions.
- Make sure the tassel is securely fastened under the button on your cap.
- Tassel should be worn to the right. During the ceremony you will be instructed when to move it to the left.
- Bobby pins can be helpful to keep your cap in place, especially on a windy day.
- You will be walking on grass, please consider that when you choose your footwear.
- PTK members wear both the red and gold tassels (gold alone is for a Ph. D. degree).
All Honors Recognition graduates participating in the ceremony will be awarded a medallion. To qualify your cumulative G.P.A. must be 3.85 or higher, completing the requirements for any degree or completing the requirements for a certificate program at Red Rocks Community College that requires at least 30 credits. If you do qualify, please notify Student Records. Medallions are available at Student Records or can be picked up at the Rehearsal and can be worn at the ceremony. Please note: PTK and Honors Recognition are two separate entities.
Family Members and Guests - Seating, Photos
- At least the first ten rows of the center section are reserved for graduates.
- Designated handicapped seating is available on the left (east) side of the seating area.
- Two rows on the right (west) side of the seating area are reserved for VIPs.
- All other seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests may also sit on the lawn, but need to remain behind the lines marked on the field. PLEASE ask your guests not to arrive prior to 9:00 a.m. as we will still be preparing for the ceremony.
- The area immediately around the graduate seating must be kept clear. Family members/guests who wish to take photos of grads receiving their diplomas MUST use the designated area to the right of the stage. PLEASE ask your guests to be considerate of others and walk behind the audience to this area.
- No seating is allowed on the track.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the outdoor theatre area. The closest smoking area is by the southeast entrance to the building.
You will receive a card for your personal information. This card has several purposes:
- The narrator will use the card to announce your name as you receive your diploma. Please write clearly and include a phonetic spelling, if needed.
- You may write a “thank-you”, up to 20 words, that will be read as you cross the stage. Please print clearly.
An interpreter for the hearing-impaired will be on stage, on the left side.
No outdoor restrooms are available. Grads and guests will need to use restrooms in the east wing of the building.
- Diplomas are not issued at the ceremony. You will be receiving a padded diploma cover when you cross the stage.
- Spring 2015 diplomas and certificates will be mailed the week of (TBD), providing that final grades have been posted and all financial obligations have been met.
- In the case of inclement weather Commencement will be held at Green Mountain High School, in the gymnasium, at 11:00 am. GMHS is located at 13175 W. Green Mountain Drive. From Union Avenue and Alameda Parkway, drive west on Alameda Parkway to Green Mountain Drive. South on Green Mountain Drive to the high school. If weather is questionable, check for updated announcements on this page.
- All events will begin one hour later.
- If the ceremony is moved to Green Mountain High School, grads will assemble in the cafeteria between 10:30 and 10:45 a.m.
- If we move to Green Mountain High School you are limited to 5 guests.
The processional will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
The order of the processional is:
- Faculty of the Year (carrying college mace)
- President and Platform Guests
- Deans, Faculty and Staff
- VP of Student Services, two Marshals and the Graduates
- Boy Scouts of America
Remain standing for posting of the colors and Pledge of Allegiance.
To ensure that the graduation ceremony runs smoothly, only graduates may walk in the processional, sit in the graduate area and walk on stage to accept degrees.
ReceptionAll graduates and their guests are invited to join the faculty and staff for refreshments immediately following the ceremony on the East Lawn.
RRCC Disclaimer: The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by Red Rocks Community College of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.