Fall 2013 Faculty Handbook
Testing Accommodation Form
1. Students are required to provide the instructor with a copy of the Test Quiz Administration form preferably 1 week prior to the test and NO LATER than the class day prior to the test date. (ex: test is on Wednesday you should have the form on Monday).
2. If the Student fails to provide the form in the time above you have the right to deny them their request. The student will need to speak to Audra Nicks.
3. The instructor must complete the form and return it and a copy of the test and any other additional instructions or supplies to Audra
Nicks in the Office of Disability Services.
4. Tests are administered in the Testing Center unless otherwise authorized by the Disability Services Director.
5. The student will need to schedule a time to take the test with Audra Nicks if they are taking the test in our office.
The testing accommodations form is available to download as a printable PDF if you choose to have one on file to fill out in advance for your students' tests:
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Student Information Sheet for Instructors
This information sheet contains information on having a student who is deaf or hard in your class. It also provided information on working with sign language interpreters and how to make your class accessible.
Free Online Training Session for working with D-HOH students
Instructors, for a free on-line training session, visit PEPNET’s Access: The Fundamentals at http://www.pepnet.org/e-learning/access.
Event Accessibility (ADAAA) Statement for Campus Events
In order to ensure the accessibility of all campus sponsored events, include an ADAAA statement on all event advertisements, announcements, emails, and flyers.