First Year Step-by-Step
First Year Step by Step Procedure for registering with the Rocky Mountain
Chef's of Colorado Chef's Apprenticeship Program:
- Students MUST read all information on the RMCC website
and try to understand what culinary apprenticeship means!
- Students MUST attend an orientation meeting as outlined
on the RMCC website.
- At the orientation meetings (starting in March 2014) you will fill out an
application, sign the Bureau of Labor application log and receive a
sponsoring house list from the Rocky Mountain Chef's of
- Student MUST be a
registered RRCC student. The interested student needs to register with
Red Rocks community college and at the same time for the College Opportunity
Fund (COF credits) at no cost. Please read procedure if you are an out of
State student, outlined on website!
- The perspective Student MUST secure full-time employment
in a Rocky Mountain Chef's of Colorado approved sponsoring
House by the application closing date (September 4, 2014).
- The future chef's apprentice needs to attend the fall
class registration session (size Uniforms, order Books, knife kit, etc.) with
the Rocky Mountain Chef's of Colorado Bureau of
Apprenticeship and Training, and Red Rocks Community College, September, 4, 2014.
- Students need to have RMCC tuition for fall semester ($ 1080) and national
American Culinary Federation junior fees ($80) -please keep checks
separate-available at registration session on September 4, 2014. (You can also use our PayPal option by clicking here.). Please remember that Red Rocks Community College is NOT
able to collect tuition. This program does not qualify for Red
Rocks CC tuition assistance!!!
- The RMCC recommends to complete 3 credits per semester of optional general education classes
(classes outlined on web side) to complete AAS degree. Please
register for fall classes at your local community college. General education
classes are transferable to Red Rocks CC.
- Sponsoring House List will not be mailed or emailed to ensure complete understanding of the program.
- Congratulations, you have made a great decision to be part of the RMCC Chefs Apprenticeship Program. Have fun learning!
Culinary Arts Information Sessions (no sign up required)
Attract motivated employees with our Sponsoring House Program.
Trends in Food Service