Cyber Security Scholarship Program
Red Rocks Community College Cyber Security Scholarship Program (CSSP) will provide up to 12 scholarships per academic year. Students may be awarded up to $3,750 per semester (up to $7,500 per year).
|This initiative is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DUE-1259828.|
The program is available to students with financial need (as determined by the Department of Education on the FAFSA) who are interested in studying cyber security in the areas of computer science, cyber security, networking, programming, and web development.
CSSP Students will work with a faculty advisor to:
- Develop a CSSP Academic Plan
- Participate in Financial Aid 101
- Participate in weekly CSSP Scholars’ Hour
- Discuss academic and professional goals
- Discuss industry opportunities and trends
- Tailor portfolio/capstone projects
CSSP Eligibility Criteria
- Seeking an AAS degree in Programming Specialist, Web Development, Network Specialist Program, Cyber Security Specialist, or an AS degree in Computer Science
- Have a 3.0 GPA from an accredited institution (secondary or post-secondary) and demonstrate the ability to successfully complete college-level coursework through transcript or test scores (Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT)
- If awarded, plan to be a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours/semester)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Be eligible to receive federal financial aid and demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
The CSSP Advisory Screening Committee will evaluate applicants based on financial need, high school GPA (3.0), ACT scores (18—English; 17—Reading Comprehension; 23—Math), SAT scores (Verbal 440, Math 570) or Accuplacer scores (95—English; 70—Reading Comprehension; 85—Math), an essay or letter of interest detailing why you deserve this scholarship and how your study within the cyber security field will contribute to your immediate or long-range career plans, and two (2) letters of recommendation from STEM faculty members or industry professionals. Current RRCC students are required to submit college transcripts, as well.
For questions about eligibility for CSSP, please call Christie Burton, RRCC Computer Technology Faculty, at 303.914.6249 or email her at email@example.com.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Bill Dial, Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, Co 80228. 303-914-6298, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Please direct discrimination inquiries to:
Red Rocks Community College
Attention: Bill Dial
13300 W 6th Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228-1255