Cyber Security Program
The Cyber Security program provides students with the skills necessary to protect computing systems and networks that have an important impact on data confidentiality, integrity and availability. Students will learn about computer network threats and the appropriate incident response, to include defenses, countermeasures and computer forensics. The program prepares individuals to function as entry level network security specialist, and includes instruction on technologies to keep network assets secure, conducting forensic analyses, encryption techniques, and organizational security management.
Recipients of the Associate of Applied Science in Cyber Security will have demonstrated:
- clarity in verbal and written communication to accurately convey technical information and to critically read and interpret technical literature;
- the ability to critically analyze and solve real -world security issues understanding the legal and ethical concerns;
- mastery in security awareness and network threats enabling graduates to critically analyze and react to new developments in their field;
- the ability to collect, analyze and interpret technical data collected through investigation and experimentation; and
- practical application of multiple operating systems, computer networks and firewalls to gain hands-on experience.
Learn more about RRCC's new Cyber Security Scholarship Program here.
View or download the Cyber Security course descriptions .
Red Rocks Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Please direct discrimination inquiries to:
Red Rocks Community College
Attention: Bill Dial
13300 W 6th Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228-1255